Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I Do What I Do?

Each one of us has a story. I have one myself, but would like to reach as many people as God will have me reach with my story. Life will throw all sorts of things your way and these experience build strength, courage, perseverance, and character, just to name a few. I could fill a book with my story and maybe one day that book will be on the market. For now, I will share this.....

I am a Work at home mom of two beautiful children. For my eldest daughter, I was on bed rest for 6 months and thank God, she was born full term with no major issues. On the other hand, my 10 month old, I was on total bed rest at home for a few months and then in the hospital for almost a month. My job gave me my walking papers because they refused to hold my job for that length of time and for me to tell you the kind of roller coaster ride they put me on just so I can get the money that was due, me, you would never even believe it. Any who, my son was born 3 months early and stayed in the hospital for 2 months before I could bring him home. (you can read his full story at www.jaedenkai.blogspot.com) In the past two years I have lost 2 very important people in my life. One due to stroke and the other to cancer. So.....preterm labor, a micro-preemie, stroke, and cancer in less than two years.....Certainly it was time to make a change.

I went into business for myself, yes it is hard work, there is no need to sugar coat that....but I would rather work hard for myself, and know I will not get fired, than to work hard for someone else who will do away with me at any time they feel not recognizing I am a mom who has a family to feed as well.

So, I get to work from home, stay home with my son, take him to the doctor whenever I have to, (which is often) without worrying what my boss may say or feel about me not coming into work.

Do I push what I do to others? Absolutley NOT!!!! I know that what I do is not for everyone. That is just a fact. But, I do put it out there because you never know who may be interested or who is looking for an opportunity. Everyone prays for different things and answers come in different ways. This may be a tool or a blessing for someone and the answer to their prayer.

My passion is to help people and I know there is someone out there who wants and needs help and if I can provide that, I am here more than willing to do so. When we are blessed, we are to bless others in return.

So, that is part of my story.

To your health and your success,
Carmen Gibbs
carmengibbs@buildprosperousbizonline.com

No comments:

Post a Comment